At Boat Owners Warehouse we take your privacy seriously and we understand the trust you are putting in us.
What is considered my personal information?:
Your personal information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal information includes, but is not limited to, the following if it identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers;
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Biometric Information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web stie, application, or advertisement;
- Geolocation data;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information;
- Professional or employment related information;
- Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information; and,
- Inferences drawn from any of the information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
What is not considered my personal information?
Your personal information does not include publicly available information. Publicly available means information that is lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records, if any conditions associated with such information. “Publicly available” does not mean biometric information collected by a business about a customer without the customer’s knowledge. Information is not “publicly available” if that data is used for a purpose that is not compatible with the purpose for which data is maintained and made available in the government records or for which it is publicly maintained. “Publicly available” does not include consumer information that is deidentified or aggregate consumer information. Non-personal Information may also include aggregated information, collectively analyzed from a variety of users’ personal information, such as the total number of users on our website or the total number of customers in a particular location.
How do we collect your information?
We collect your information from you, when you register on our website, place an order, register at a marketing event such as a boat show, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey, respond to any communication such as an e-mail, as well as any other time you provide us your personal information.
We may also collect certain information automatically through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, and store said information in our files. Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and to gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. This information includes anonymous identifiers, operating system and version, your Internet protocol (IP) address, pages you view on our website, search terms you entered to arrive at our website and other information regarding your access to and/or use of our services. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, personal information that you have provided to us.
What information do we collect?
Generally, we will only collect your name, your mailing address, your e-mail address, your phone number, your credit card information, your location, website activity including search history.
We may also collect certain financial information including payment methods and purchase history. As well as any other information necessary for us to complete your transaction. However, we will also collect the information that you voluntarily provide to us. For example,
- In order to access and/or use our Site and services (e.g., account registration, communication/networking features, purchases, reservations, promotions, etc.), we may require that you provide and/or otherwise make available to us certain information, which may include, among other things, your legal name, email address, physical address, telephone number, date of birth and gender.
- When you purchase products or services on our Site, we and/or our third-party payment processor will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, billing information and shipping information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply. When you post messages on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we will collect the information you choose to submit to us.
- We also collect other types of personal information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, and other requested information if you contact us via email regarding support for the services.
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or giveaway on our website, we may ask you for your email address, name, and phone number. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
- From time-to-time we may allow you to sign up and log in to our website using accounts you create with third-party products and services, such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, Apple ID, and LinkedIn (collectively, “Third-Party Accounts”). If you access our services with Third-Party Accounts, then we will collect information that you have agreed to make available such as your name, email address, profile information and preferences with the applicable Third-Party Account. This information is collected by the Third-Party Account provider and is provided to us under their privacy policies. You can generally control the information that we receive from these sources using the privacy settings in your Third-Party Account.
- We may also collect personal information at other points in providing our services that state that personal information is being collected.
How do we use your information?
To enhance and personalize your experience with us.
To allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings we believe you would be most interested in.
To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
To help us process your transactions.
To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
To provide our goods and services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, or to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may send you emails about products or information we think may interest you. We may also use the information that we learn about you to help determine when and how to advertise our services on third-party websites, advertising networks and services, or to customize advertising to you or to customize your experience on our website.
To verify your eligibility to win a prize in a sweepstakes, contest, or giveaway you have entered and to deliver that prize to you.
For the prevention and detection of fraud or infringement of our or any third party’s rights.
To better understand how users access and use our services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our services, respond to user preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
To diagnose service or technical problems.
To ensure and maintain the security of the services.
To comply with legal obligations or legal process.
Do we share your information?
In certain situations, we may employ with trusted third parties to help us perform our services. However, unless we inform you otherwise, our service providers do not have any right to use your information beyond what is reasonably necessary to assist us in performing our services to you. For example, we may share your information for certain business purposes including: processing payments, shipping and delivering our goods and services, sending you marketing and advertising material about our company.
We may share your information in the event that we need to collect a debt from you.
We may contract with third party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information we collected on our behalf, except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your device warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browsers help menu to determine the correct way to modify your cookies. ( what happens if cookies are turned off? will the site function, and customer be able to place an order if cookies are turned off)
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties, your personally identifiable information, except as outlined below.
We will release your personal information to a debt collecting service, if it is in pursuit of collecting a debt owed to us by you.
We will release your information in order to comply with a request to do so by any government or law enforcement agency, whether by subpoena or what we deem as a reasonable request.
We will release your information if we deem it appropriate in order to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or other’s rights, property or safety.
The term outside parties does not include Boat Owners Warehouse, bow.com, Lewis Marine Supply, LLC. or any of its subsidiaries. It also does not include website hosting partners, website development partners, and other parties who assist us in developing and operating our websites, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as these parties agree to keep your information confidential.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising and sales analysis purposes.
Third Party Links:
We do include third party links on our website. These links provide you the ability to quickly go to another website to gain more information about a product or service. This is done to help improve your experience on our website. Be aware that by clicking on these links you are leaving our website and going to another, third party’s website, which will have its own policies and rules. Therefore, we are unable to accept any responsibility or liability for the policies, integrity or content of this third party’s website.
Do you have any control over the information that we collect about you?
- Send you all personal information we have in our database about you;
- Correct any erroneous information at your request;
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
How do you make a Request to Know?
You may request us to disclose the information that we have collected, used, shared, or sold about you, and why we collected, used, shared, or sold that information. That said, we do not sell your information. All requests must be labeled “Request to Know” on the email subject line and be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information can you Request to Know?
You can request the following information and we will send you the information in an easily readable format:
- Categories of personal information collected;
- Specific pieces of personal information collected;
- Categories of sources from which the business collected personal information;
- Purposes for which the business use the personal information;
- Categories of third parties with whom the business shares the personal information; and,
- Categories of information that the business sells of discloses to third parties.
How do you correct your information?
You may correct your information that we have collected from you at any time if you think such information is incorrect. All requests must be labeled “Request to Correct Information” on the email subject line and emailed to email@example.com. You may correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data that we have collected.
How do you Request to Delete or Erase your information?
You can request for us to delete personal information that we have collected from you. All requests must be labeled “Request to Delete” or “Request to Erase” on the email subject line and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can you restrict how we use your information?
Even though we do not sell the information that we collect about you, you can request that we stop selling your personal information or cease processing and using your data if you believe that the information is inaccurate, is being used illegally, or is no longer needed for us to perform our services.
All requests must be labeled “Request to Opt-Out” or “Request to Restrict Processing” on the email subject line and emailed to email@example.com.
The sale of information means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. Generally, we do not engage in the sale of personal information. For purposes of this section, we does not sell your personal information.
Will you be discriminated against if you enforce your data rights?
However, if you refuse to provide your personal information to us or request us to delete or stop selling your personal information, AND that personal information or sale is necessary for us to provide you with goods or services, then we may not be able to complete your transaction or provide its services.
Will we object to your requests?
Generally, no. But, it depends.
In certain situations, we may enforce our right to object to any Requests to Delete, Requests to Opt-Out, and Requests to Restrict Processing. We will not be required to delete your information if it is necessary for us to maintain your personal information in order to:
Information We Are Not Required to Delete Under the California Consumer Protection Act.
Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by the consumer, or reasonably anticipated within the context of a business’s ongoing business relationship with the consumer, or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer;
Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code;
Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the businesses’ deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if the consumer has provided informed consent;
To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer’s relationship with the business;
Comply with a legal obligation; and,
Otherwise use the consumer’s personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
When We Have the Right to Object to Processing Under General Data Protection Regulation.
Exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
To comply with a legal obligation within the European Union, which requires processing by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
For reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance with points (h) and (i) of Article 9(2) as well as Article 9(3) of the General Date Protection Regulation;
For archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1) of the General Date Protection Regulation in so far as the right referred to in paragraph 1 is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing; and,
For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
How do you know that your information is safe?
We have developed, implemented, and maintains reasonable safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the your information.
For example we have implemented a data security program to maintain reasonable safeguards to ensure the protection of its user’s private information. Reasonable safeguards that we take to ensure the protection of your information includes, but is not limited to:
- Designating an employee or employees to coordinate the data security program;
- Training and managing employees in the security program practices and procedures;
- Assessing internal and external risks and implementing controls to reduce those risks;
- Vetting service providers and binding them contractually to safeguard private information; and,
- Securely destroying private information within a reasonable amount of time after it is no longer needed for business purposes.
How can you stop receiving marketing material?
You may opt out of our marketing initiatives at any time by contacting us. This will notify us to stop sending you marketing related materials. This will not discontinue our sending you any material related to purchases from us such as invoices or statements, or amounts due to us.
All requests to opt out of receiving marketing material must be labeled “Request to Opt-Out of Marketing” on the email subject line and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the e-mail please include all e-mail addresses and standard mail addresses you would like to have removed from our lists.
Attn: Marketing Department
Boat Owners Warehouse
3377 SW 2nd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
If you are opting out of marketing material then please indicate so by saying “I would like to opt out from receiving marketing material” and please include in your letter all e-mail addresses and standard mail addresses you would like to have removed from our lists.
Because our marketing initiatives are planned well in advance, please allow 30 days to stop receiving digital marketing material and up to 60 days to stop receiving mailed items. For mailed requests please add 10 additional work days to allow for mail delivery. (review with marketing to make sure timeline is acceptable)
For e-mailed requests please allow 10 business days for us to remove you from our marketing lists.
If you are requesting to know information, delete information, correct information, or opt out of information, then please clearly indicate the request you are making, the information you are requesting and/or correcting, and indicate your full legal name and address.
Changes to our Policy:
We reserve the right to change without notice any of our policies as we see fit, in order to promote, protect and maintain our websites and brick and mortar businesses. We reserve the right to change or amend this policy at any time and without notice, in order to maintain compliance with laws and regulations. These changes will be effective immediately upon posting and will only apply to information collected after the change has been posted.
This policy was last modified on August 18th 2022.
Questions and Feedback: